DIY Pool Pump Replacement | EasyFit Info
EasyFit | Pump Features
Easy to Install
- The EasyFit pump series saves you time & money while making your life simpler!
- The pump allows a user to replace most major brands of pump without the need to re-plumb.
- Fittings & Risers to accommodate the following models (Hayward®, Pentair®, and STA-RITE®).
- This high-performance pump comes complete with our unique mechanical shaft seal that allows the pump, if mistreated, to run dry for up to one hour.
- The pump can be used for pool water with a salt concentration of up to 5000 ppm.
- Pump parts are made of 100% recyclable plastic.
- Non-corrosive, chemical/UV resistant, and can withstand temperatures of up to 175°F.
- Every pump is performance tested before leaving the Speck factory.
- Lock ring that incorporates handles. These handles provide the user with a convenient way to easily remove the lid.
- Suction and discharge are equipped with quick disconnect unions for easy installation and maintenance.
- For pool users’ safety, the impeller has a dielectric shaft sleeve that provides absolute separation between pool water and electric parts.
- A full manufacturer two-year warranty on the motor and all pump parts, including normal wear of the mechanical seal.
EasyFit | Save $$$ and Energy!
Get Your EnergyStar Rebates
- Did you know that your pool pump could be your home’s second largest energy user, adding about $500 every year to your energy bills?
- A pool pump that has earned the Energy Star:
- Uses up to 70% less energy than standard pool pumps.
- Saves you up to $350 per year in energy bills, and even more with a rebate (that's thousands of dollars over the life of the pump!)
- Delivers payback on your extra investment in less than two years.
Get the EnergyStar Facts
- For a full overview of the EnergyStar program and quick links to search for EnergyStar rebates available by zip code or product, click here to go to our EnergyStar Rebates Info Page.
EasyFit | How to Choose your Pump
5 Key Pump FeaturesThere are 5 key features of a pump, some are pre-determined by your existing installation, while others you can choose as to your preference.
Here we just touch on each one quickly, and give "Rules of Thumb" but please read our FAQ & Reference page to get more details on each of these features and options.
Options | Pre-Determined By Your Setup
1. Select Brand you want to replaceIf you're replacing an old or damaged pump, and you'd like to use one of our easy "pop and swap" models, then you just need to match your current pump Brand to our EasyFit replacement series, which are:
EasyFit SUP Series: replace Pentair SuperFlo and Hayward Super Pump
EasyFit PNT Series: replace Pentair WhisperFlo and Intelliflo pool pumps
EasyFit MXG Series: replace Sta-Rite Dura-Glas and Max-E-Glas pool pumps
EasyFit DYN Series: replace Sta-Rite Dyna-Glas pool pump
2. Select Residential (1 phase) or Commercial (3 phase) useResidential customers usually need just a 1 phase system.
3. Select Voltage you needIn the USA, residential customers usually be able to use a 115, 208-230 or 230 V pump.
Options | Your Preference
4. Select Total HP you'd prefer
There is a complicated method for actually calculating the exact horsepower (HP) pump you need (which can be found on our FAQ page), but as a rule of thumb, most Residential customers with average pools will need our 1-2 THP pumps, which are our EasyFit Series II and III models.
5. Select Standard or Premium EfficiencyEnergy Efficiency is achieved by using the pump at different speeds for different functions. So to achieve efficiency, there are two features to choose: Pump Speed and Digital Timer. Rule of thumb: If you're a residential customer in the USA, with an average size pool, our EasyFit Series II or III, 2-Speed pumps with Digital Timer are probably the best option for you.
EasyFit | DIY Installation
VideosFirst check out our short installation videos here EasyFit Installation Videos.
ManualThen for a little more detail, please browse our Brochures as well as the full Installation Manual on our Downloads Page.
Contact UsFinally, if you have any questions left what-so-ever, just give us a call!
Our Technical Support team is happy to help you pick out the right model for your setup and walk you through the installation. Please see our list of phone numbers and hours of operation on our Contact Page.